Handheld Red Flare MK8
CAT : C & D
- Red hand-held, short-range distress signal. Used to pinpoint the location by day or night.
- Burns for 60 seconds at 15,000 candelas.
- Features a unique telescopic handle making it very compact and space saving when stowed in a life-raft. Easily extended and pull wire operated.
- Use to signal distress by day or night.
- Hand-held and short-range flare used to pinpoint position.
- Length: 175 mm (6.9 ins)
- Length with handle pulled out: 280 mm (11 ins)
- Diameter: 28 mm (1.1 ins)
- Weight: 160 g (5.6 oz)
- Light intensity: 15,000 candela
- Burning time: 60 seconds
- Colour of light: red
- Ignition: pull-wire ignitor
- Net Explosive content: 61 g (2.14 oz)